Avenues Counseling offers group counseling for those wanting to work through the healing process in a community with others dealing with the same struggles.
Group counseling can present a number of benefits to those seeking healing in their lives; which is why we strive to offer a variety of groups as paths to emotional wellness. Learning and growing together in a group provides an invaluable, guided experience through the support, information, and process of moving together with others who understand your experience. View our group options below or contact us for more information.
Sexual Integrity Group for Men
Avenues Counseling offers an 18-week therapy group focused on helping men learn, understand, and heal from sexual addiction. Through the course of the group, members will gain increased self-awareness and learn how to have a healthy relationship with sex.
- Create an environment of relational safety to foster a community of support.
- Develop a healthier relationship with sex and sexuality.
- Equip participants with coping skills.
- Increase ability to have more satisfying interpersonal relationships.
- Increase internal awareness.
- Learn how past and current trauma experiences can impact relationships with sex and sexuality.
- Commit to attending all 18 weeks
- Meet with an individual counselor 1-2 times a month (it is not required that your counselor be an Avenues’ counselor).
- Meet with group leader prior to the start of the group (there is no fee for this intake appointment).
- The group will meet on Wednesday evenings from 7-9 pm, next group start date TBD.
- The cost per group session is $40 (included in this fee is the L.I.F.E. Recovery Guide for Men, by Mark Laaser). Payment plans and scholarships are available upon request. Please speak with the group leaders for more information.
How Do I Sign Up?
To get more information about this group or to schedule your intake appointment, please contact Sam Bearer, PLPC, at [email protected], or call him at 314-632-6587.
Sam Bearer, PLPC
Sam serves as a PLPC on the Avenues Staff. He received his Master of Arts in Counseling from Covenant Theological Seminary. He provides individual, couples, and group counseling for various emotional and interpersonal issues such as anxiety, grief and loss, sexual brokenness, identity, and physical/spiritual reintegration.
“Prior to starting this group at Avenues Counseling, I co-led a weekly men’s sexual integrity group for First Light. This group focused on helping men understand their addictive behaviors and work toward sexual sobriety.”