Anxiety and anger can be big struggles for teens. This group will help your teen learn skills and tools to better regulate their emotions, take control over their anxiety, and understand more of what's going on inside of them.
Does your teen struggle with depression, anxiety, and/or suicidal thoughts? Get support from a group who understands these unique difficulties, led by a counselor. Learn skills and get resources to help you better navigate these difficult waters. You don't have to be alone in it.
- Wednesdays from 6:00-7:30 PM, starting September 20, 2023
- Group Cost: $20 per group for 8 weeks
- Cost is per family (same price for 1 or 2 parents)
- 10% Discount for joint registration with teen group
- In-person at our Richmond Heights location
- Create an environment of relational safety to foster a community of support.
- Develop a healthier relationship with sex and sexuality.
- Equip participants with coping skills.
- Increase ability to have more satisfying interpersonal relationships.
- Increase internal awareness.
- Learn how past and current trauma experiences can impact relationships with sex and sexuality.
- Commit to attending all 18 weeks
- Meet with an individual counselor 1-2 times a month (it is not required that your counselor be an Avenues’ counselor).
- Meet with group leader prior to the start of the group to learn more about the group to ensure this is the best group for your needs. The fee for this 30 minute meeting is $30.
- Groups meeting times vary. Please reach out for more info.
Cost & Materials
- The cost per group session is $40 (included in this fee is the L.I.F.E. Recovery Guide for Men, by Mark Laaser). Payment plans and scholarships are available upon request. Please speak with the group leaders for more information.