- Create an environment of relational safety to foster a community of support.
- Develop a healthier relationship with sex and sexuality.
- Equip participants with coping skills.
- Increase ability to have more satisfying interpersonal relationships.
- Increase internal awareness.
- Learn how past and current trauma experiences can impact relationships with sex and sexuality.
- Commit to attending all 18 weeks
- Meet with an individual counselor 1-2 times a month (it is not required that your counselor be an Avenues’ counselor).
- Meet with group leader prior to the start of the group to learn more about the group to ensure this is the best group for your needs. The fee for this 30 minute meeting is $30.
- The group will meet on Wednesday evenings from 7-9 pm, next group start date TBD.
Cost & Materials
- The cost per group session is $40 (included in this fee is the L.I.F.E. Recovery Guide for Men, by Mark Laaser). Payment plans and scholarships are available upon request. Please speak with the group leaders for more information.
This 15 week therapy group focuses on supporting women affected by a partner’s sexual betrayal. Through this group participants will gain increased self-awareness and learn how to begin healing from the pain of betrayal to healing and hope.
This 8 week group is designed to help your child release worry (anxiety) and embrace full sensory, consistent coping skills, better breathing practices and healthier hopes. If you are looking for ways to help your child discover adaptive styles to better cope with their worry then this group may be a great fit for them.
- Upcoming Group Sessions will meet on Thursday evenings from 5:30-6:45pm. UPCOMING DATES: 1/21-3/11.
- This is an in-person group and clear face masks are a requirement for all participants.
- Total group cost is $280. ($80 due at the time of registration to ensure your child has a spot in the group.)
- Your child will be taught using research based expressive therapies combined with some helpful EFT (Emotion-Focused Techniques), and we will explore adaptations for thinking anxiously by using art, therapeutic play and games to have group experiences.
This 10-week group that meets bi-weekly, is ideal for teens who become discouraged by tension in social circles or within family dynamics. Typically teens who benefit the most from this group struggle with anxiety when a situation requires them to speak up for themselves or experience high anxiety when doing a school project. These teens may suddenly erupt or shut down. This group also benefits those who struggle with depression from leadership pressures. An added component has been integrated into this group to address the stress and anxiety teens are facing due to COVID-19 (school, emotional & social needs, etc.). This group will use art, music, and expressive group techniques. Group participants will be encouraged to incorporate their spirituality and common sense to heighten awareness and the development of peacemaking skills. Individual or school counselor referrals welcomed. Without a referral, an individual assessment prior to group is needed.
- Build peer leaders using role play interactive games.
- Practice effectual interpersonal skills while motivating group participants to balance tensions of school, social life, and relationships at home.
How Do I Sign Up?
To reserve one of the remaining spots, contact Kathi at 314-626-4285 or [email protected] to let her know your teen plans to attend.
At this time you will be asked to pay the initial $80 to reserve a spot for your teen and the initial paperwork will be sent to you to complete.
- Bi-weekly, Wednesdays, 5:00-6:30PM. UPCOMING GROUP START DATE: 3/3.
- Group will meet on 3/3, 17, 31, 4/14, 28, 5/12, 26, 6/9, 23, 7/7
- Groups are limited to 5-8 participants.
- Pre-register to reserve a spot by February 25th! The cost for the group is $400 ($80 to pre-register; the remaining balance is due at the first night of group. Arrangements can be made to allow you to make 3 monthly payments if there is a financial hardship.)
- Group Facilitators are Kathi Wallace, LPC, RPT, and Matt Creacy, CIT.
- If another counselor has referred your teen for group, please sign a release with the counselor to allow Kathi and the counselor to connect on your teen’s care.
- If your teen was not formally referred by another Licensed Counselor, then an intake session is needed to ensure this group is a good fit for your team.
- Parents / Legal Guardian must leave cell number with counselor if they are leaving the agency premises and must pick up students by 6:30PM.