Since you last heard from us we have added 2 new counselors to our staff, have expanded our services, and are serving more people than ever. I’d say its been a good season for us. Read on to learn more.
2 FREE Ways to Support Us
1. Like to shop on Amazon? I sure do! It’s easy, quick, and affordable. To support Avenues simply shop at http://smile.amazon.com (AmazonSmile), select Avenues Counseling as the charity you want to support, and then start shopping! You can effortlesly support Avenues just by doing what you’ve already been doing! Same great Amazon, same great selection, same great prices. The only difference is that a portion of your sale will be donated to Avenues.
2. Select Avenues Counseling as the charity you want to support, and then start shopping!
2. Shop at Schnucks? For those of you in St. Louis, do you ever shop at Schnucks? If so, then we have the perfect way for you to support us! It’s called:
This program is very similar to AmazonSmile, in that nothing changes for you in your shopping experience. All you have to do is SHOP at Schnucks, and when checking out, hand the cashier your eScrip card to swipe. Schnucks will then donate a portion of your sale to Avenues. It’s that easy!
How do you get a card?
1. Simply grab one at the Avenues office, ask a staff member to get one to you, or the next time you are at Schnucks visit customer service and ask for a one.
2. Visit the Schnucks website to register the card and you’re done!
A Counselor In The Spotlight
Jonathan Hart, LPC, in his own words…
“I think I have always been a counselor at heart. I have known since I was young that people, for one reason or another, have generally found me easy to talk to.
I have always loved sitting in deep conversation with one or two others and processing events and meaning and the nuts and bolts of why a thing was a thing. I love teaching adult Sunday school classes and finding ways to get enriching, revealing conversations going among the people present. Before I had ever considered the profession of counseling as a possibility, I remember thinking to myself, “If I could make a living doing this, I would be in heaven.”
I have found my “heaven” in the counseling room. I love to engage with people and wrestle with new concepts and information. My favorite moment is to see the person I’m with make a connection, to reach an understanding that they have never considered before, and to see the freedom and relief that so often accompanies that understanding.I especially love this in the context of marriage. I have seen the reality that a struggling marriage can rob the strength and vitality out of a person’s whole life. I also know that a strong marriage invigorates and empowers both members; it grants greater strength, courage, humility, and delight than either believes possible.To help people move from a relationship that consumes them into a relationship that enhances them is one of the main desires that drew me into the counseling profession from the very beginning, and it remains both richly satisfying and powerfully humbling.” (To learn more about Jonathan, click here)
Frank Theus, PLPC joined our team a few months ago. He brings with him much experience. He is in the process of becoming a Certified Sexual Addiction therapist. Get to know more about Frank by clicking below.Learn More
Kim Hammans, PLPC joined our team in August and hit the ground running! Kim’s experience and passion has allowed us to expand our services to children. Get to know more about Kim by clicking below.
In 2013, our team donated
over $60,000 of counseling services to individuals and families throughout St. Louis.So far in 2014 we have provided $57,900 in free services. These numbers are why we need your help! Please consider joining us in serving those with limited resources by becoming a financial partner with Avenues Counseling, as our scholarship fund allows us to extend the vast benefits of mental, emotional, and relational health to all who seek it.
At Avenues Counseling, we offer avenues of care to our community for those seeking healing from the pains of life, as well as those seeking personal growth. We exist to offer you a safe, trustworthy place to ask difficult questions, share your life story, and walk with you as you seek restoration.